On our sixth meeting, we went to the local and popular Moomin Museum.
It was fun to walk around and get to know more about the Moomins. I have learned new things about the Finnish culture, but I learned new German words as well. Such as:
- museum tour = die Museumsführung / Museumstour
- tour guide = die (Museums)führerin / der (Museums)führer
- admission fee = Eintrittskosten
- exhibition = die Ausstellung
- to be on display = ausgestellt werden
- showcase = die Vitrine
- curator = Kurator
- treasure chest = die Schatztruhe
- find / discovered object = Fundstück
- exhibit = Ausstellungsstück
We took some pictures and even made a little video with our handmade paper figures. The video is about Moomintroll who scares away the Hattifatteners.
After all, the museum was a great experience, I am glad that I could go there with a Finnish person because she could answer our questions about Moomins and give us more information about them.