During the current year, the Academically Speaking series has brought together academics from ORT Braude College in Israel and the Vic-Central University of Catalonia in Spain for informal discussions on a variety of stimulating issues in a relaxed atmosphere. We are very happy to now invite our colleagues from Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences in Poland and the Tampere University of Applied Sciences in Finland to join us for the next meeting in the spring series:
May 11th 2022, 20.00 – 21.00 via Zoom
Topic: “Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink.”
This famous line is from Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s poem, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner’. Water is indeed all around us covering some 70% of the earth’s surface; but how much of it is clean or safe enough to drink?
In this session, to get the discussion started, we would like you to share a little about the state of water in your country:
– What is/are the main source/s of drinking water in your country?
– Is water an issue of concern in your country?
– Are your water sources polluted? Is the water safe to drink?
– Do people waste water? Are any steps taken to reduce wastage?
– Do you pay for domestic consumption of water? Is it expensive?
– How does your country treat its waste water?
Save your spot: Please sign up here to ensure yourself a place.
If you have any queries, please contact me by email or by phone during office hours. We look forward to seeing you.
More information: International Coordinator Henri Annala (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0503119698)