Rust Finland has been organizing meetups in Helsinki since 2017 (https://www.meetup.com/Finland-Rust-Meetup/). The community has grown from 10 people to 50 participants. The next meet-up was to be arranged in Tampere March 2020 but unfortunately the global pandemic put the meet-ups on hold. Now the Rust meet-ups are back with the theme Rust in Embedded AI and HW oriented optimisation as a free online workshop organised by AI Hub Tampere and Rust Finland. The workshop will take place 27.5.2021 15-17. The event will be hosted over Zoom. Register in Eventbrite.
The designated speakers and topics in the meet-up:
- “CPU Caches: Trust but Verify” by Tommi Jalkanen
- “Rust for AI: inside and outside the kernel” by Henri Lunnikivi
- “Introduction to RustDDS” by Juhana Helovuo
- “Rust Actors: Cloud AI-distributed system message passing” by Paul Houghton
- “A brief introduction to portable SIMD” by Henri Sivonen